Rochester Arc + Flame Center
Frequently Asked Questions
125 Fed Ex Way, Rochester, NY. We are about 300ft down the road from Airgas welding supply store.
Students must be at least 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes). Any student under the age of 18 must print this waiver (CLICK HERE) and have a parent or guardian complete the waiver. The student must submit the completed waiver to their instructor on the first day of class.
NOTE FOR BLACKSMITHING: Students under the age of 16 MUST contact Arc + Flame Blacksmithing Director (Candace Martens) for an evaluation prior to enrolling in a smithing class. Candace can be reached at email@example.com or 585-617-9644.
All students are equipped with the necessary safety equipment based on the processes they are working with. All of our instructors are trained to educate and implement proper safety techniques for all students to use during their classroom experience. We have trained over 5,000 students at our partner company Mahany Welding Supply with no serious injuries.
We require all student's wear close-toed shoes and jeans. Do not wear sandals or flip-flops, please tie back long hair and don't wear long, loose or dangling elements of clothing or accessories.
We currently accept all major credit cards including American Express, Discover, Visa, MasterCard, Shop Pay, Google Pay, and Apple Pay. Our checkout system is SSL Certified and run through Shopify.
You will receive a verification message after your transaction is completed and a confirmation email.
All of our classes are intended for beginners unless the description says otherwise. Some classes are intended for intermediate or advanced students, based on their prior class experience. There are also professional qualification and career training classes for those interested in welding. Those classes can be found here.
Welding, glass, and blacksmithing are classified by course type. These classifications are setup based on the length and structure of each class. There are variations for each class's course type, but the general outline is as follows:
- Sampler: 3 Hour introduction to a particular class, times vary based on class
- Workshop: 8 Hour class session, 8am-4pm on Saturdays
- Kid's Workshops: 2 or 3 Hour introductory workshop for kids and teens, times vary based on class
- Date Night: Couples session complete with hors d'oeuvres, 7pm-11pm on Fridays and Saturdays
- Lecture: Presentations on marketing & career development, Friday evenings
- Professional Training: Qualification and career programs for tradespeople, click here for more detail
- Studio Rental: Open class time for independent practice
- Night Course: Weekly classes for comprehensive learning, 6pm-9pm, Mon. & Tue. or Wed. & Thurs.
Welding and blacksmithing are also classified by "Processes/Techniques." These classifications pertain to the specific actions that each of theses classes entail. For example, welding techniques are classified by:
- Stick Sculpture
All classes are taught at125 Fed Ex Way, Rochester, NY 14624