WINTER 2020 Class options coming soon!
Everything needed for class is included in price
Our Workshops are an excellent way for beginners to learn welding. Our experienced instructors will use a combination of classroom and hands-on lab instruction to enhance your understanding of safety, equipment setup, and welding technique on steel. All safety equipment and welding materials are included in the course price. Great for beginners and experienced welders!
The focus of this class is to inspire students to create metal sculpture out of steel using MIG and Plasma Cutting processes. Students are encouraged to let their imaginations run wild when creating their works of art. Previous students have made small lawn sculpture, coat racks, clocks, animals, mirrors, and even candle holders! The following is an agenda of the course:
- The MIG welding process
- The Plasma cutting process
- Welder safety
- Welding & plasma demonstrations
- Student practice welding & cutting
- Review and planning
- Pictures of finished work
- 8-hour class on Saturday or Sunday
- Class runs from 8am-4pm
- Experience required: None
- All materials and safety equipment included
- Breakfast snacks and lunch included
- Complimentary coffee and vending machines available
Safety Equipment Included:
Students will receive gloves, beanie, safety glasses and ear plugs. Total value of $50
- Students will use studio owned welding jacket and auto darkening helmet during the class
- Fall Session: November 2nd (8am-4pm)
Student Health / Dress Code / Refund Policy:
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students. Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes or highly flammable clothing. Please read our class refund policy. If you have any questions, contact our administrative team at 585-349-7110 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.