Glass Beadmaking Specialty Sampler
Want to level up your bead-making skills? Look no further than our Specialty Samplers. Each class features a specific project and is taught by Glass Instructor Heather Behrendt. No experience is necessary, but more experienced flameworkers are welcome to attend to refresh on skills and techniques!
Heather Behrendt has been working with glass for eleven years and it all started with an elective in high school were they worked with stained glass, fusing, and lampworked glass. Years later she set up a home studio and developed her skills in soft glass, making beads, jewelry, and marbles. Most of Heather’s work uses detailed stringer to form linework and drawings. She enjoys teaching at Arc + Flame to help others develop their own glass skills and style. In her spare time she enjoys exercising, spending time with her husband, and spoiling her two cats.
Class Schedule: (Each class will focus on the technique listed. Click the "Details" tab for a list of descriptions)
- Saturday, February 18th: Winter Wonderland Beads (2pm-5pm)
- Saturday, March 18th: Fantastic Fruit Beads (2pm-5pm)
- 3-Hour Class
- Experience required: none
- All materials and safety equipment included
- Vending machines available
- Heart Beads: In this class students will learn how to make lampwork beads in a few heart shapes. We start with hearts with different bead hole orientation, heart surface designs and finish with a heart pendant. Through these projects, students will work on their shaping, heat control and dots. (No experience is required)
- Winter Wonderland Beads: In this class students will learn how to make lampwork beads in fun simple sculptural shapes. We start with a round snowball and continue with a penguin, a mitten and a polar bear. Through these projects, students will work on their shaping, heat control and dots. (No experience is required)
- Fantastic Fruit Beads: In this class students will learn how to make lampwork beads that look like fruit. We start with a lemon and continue with a strawberry, pineapple and blackberry. Through these projects, students will work on their shaping, surface texture, heat control and dots. (No experience is required)
PLEASE READ: Student Health / Refund Policy / Age / Dress Code
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students.
Students must be AT LEAST 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (ie: Fusing Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes) OR approval from Department Director.
Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes, shorts, skirts, or highly flammable clothing.