Glass Beadmaking Specialty Sampler
Want to level up your bead-making skills? Look no further than our Specialty Samplers. Each class features a specific technique and is taught by Glass Instructor Heather Behrendt. The topics covered in are intended for experienced flameworkers, and assumes students have completed the Glass Beadmaking 8-Hr Workshop, are approved for Open Torch with soft glass, or have equivalent experience. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Heather Behrendt has been working with glass for eleven years and it all started with an elective in high school were they worked with stained glass, fusing, and lampworked glass. Years later she set up a home studio and developed her skills in soft glass, making beads, jewelry, and marbles. Most of Heather’s work uses detailed stringer to form linework and drawings. She enjoys teaching at Arc + Flame to help others develop their own glass skills and style. In her spare time she enjoys exercising, spending time with her husband, and spoiling her two cats.
Class Schedule: (Each class will focus on the technique listed. Click the "Details" tab for a list of descriptions)
Currently unavailable, next session coming soon
- 4-Hour Class
- Experience required: Glass Beadmaking 8-Hr Workshop, Open Torch approval for soft glass, or equivalency. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All materials and safety equipment included
- Vending machines available
- Flower Power: Learn how to make flowers bloom under clear glass. You will make vine cane and leaves and add unique character to your flowers with layers of color and shaped petals. Much of the class will be focused on encasing beads in clear to magnify your beautiful flowers.
- Shimmering Silver: Learn how to use fine silver in lampworked beads. We will cover silver reactions with the glass, silver wire and silver foil.
- Adding Sparkle: Learn how to apply cubic zirconia to soft glass beads in a few ways for pops of sparkle. You will apply glittery goldstone and learn how to encase and magnify for added bling.
PLEASE READ: Student Health / Refund Policy / Age / Dress Code
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students.
Students must be AT LEAST 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (ie: Fusing Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes) OR approval from Department Director.
Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes, shorts, skirts, or highly flammable clothing.