Family Glass Fusing Workshop
Is your weekend routine getting old? Bring the whole family for a memorable day learning to make their own glass art! Using colorful sheet glass, stringers, frit and powders, students will learn how to cut and arrange flat glass into their own design that will then be fired in a kiln. Each family (up to 4 people) can make up to 6 total pieces, with additional pieces available for $20 each.
Minimum age to attend this class is 5, and each family must have at least one participant over the age of 18. No previous experience is needed! Options will be provided for projects that can be made during the class.
Available Sessions: (Each bullet point represents a separate class):
- Sunday, January 15th (AM): Animals (9am-12N) (Instructor: Eunsuh Choi)
- Sunday, January 15th (PM): Animals (2pm-5pm) (Instructor: Eunsuh Choi)
- Sunday, March 12th (AM): Easter Egg Stake/Ornament (9am-12N) (Instructor: Eunsuh Choi)
- Sunday, March 12th (PM): Easter Egg Stake/Ornament (2pm-5pm) (Instructor: Eunsuh Choi)
- Sunday, May 14th (AM): Sun Catcher (9am-12N) (Instructor: Eunsuh Choi)
- Sunday, May 14th (PM): Sun Catcher (2pm-5pm) (Instructor: Eunsuh Choi)
- Sunday, July 16th (AM): Name Plate (9am-12N) (Instructor: Heather Behrendt)
- Sunday, July 16th (PM): Name Plate (2pm-5pm) (Instructor: Heather Behrendt)
- Experience required: None
- Enrollment: 2 to 16 students (1-4 family groups)
- Minimum age: 5 years
- Each family must have at least one participant over 18
- Each family can have minimum of 2 people, and maximum of 4 people. If you have more than 4 people in your family, please call our front desk (585-349-7110) to discuss available options.
- All materials included in the cost to make 6 total pieces. Additional pieces will be available for $20 each.
- Student work will be ready for pickup 2-weeks after class
Create a festive fall glass pumpkin to display for the season! You'll combine colored pieces of glass frit and thin colored glass rods (stringers) to create a decorative glass pumpkin ornament with faces for Halloween or leaves for the fall season. Once you design it, we’ll fire it in a kiln with a hook for hanging. (Open to all levels)
In this fun holiday event, transform sheet glass into a luminous and decorative ornament. In this introductory experience, you'll combine colored glass frit and thin glass strands(stringers) to create a unique and festive ornament of your own design. Once you design it, we’ll fire it in the kiln with a hook for hanging. (Open to all skill levels)
PLEASE READ: Student Health / Refund Policy / Age / Dress Code
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students.
Students must be AT LEAST 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (ie: Fusing Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes) OR approval from Department Director.
Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes, shorts, skirts, or highly flammable clothing.