This class is taught over the course of five consecutive Wednesdays from 8:00am-4:00pm and is designed to aid Welders, Supervisors, Engineers and Quality Technicians become familiar with the common practices involving Welding, Weld Quality, and Welding Inspection. This class will include a broad range of topics including major welding processes, joint details, properties of metals and more. It also includes hands-on practical weld inspection training that can be used to prepare for the AWS Certified Welding Inspector Examination.
- 1: Welding Inspection and Certification
- 2: Safe Practices for Welding Inspectors
- 3: Metal Joining and Cutting processes
- 4: Weld Joint Geometry and Welding Symbols
- 5: Documents governing Welding Inspection and Qualification
- 6: Metal Properties and Destructive testing
- 7; Metric Practices for Welding Inspection
- 8: Welding Metallurgy for the Welding Inspector
- 9: Weld and Base metal Discontinuities
- 10: Visual Inspection and Other NDE Methods and Symbols
DAY 4 (PART B): Practical inspection Techniques
- This section is hands on Inspection training using weld replaces and actual inspection tools.
DAY 5 (PART C): Open Code Book API11004 or AWS D1.1 if requested
- This training is based upon part C of the exam which is approximately 62 questions using an open Code Book API11004. Training will involve familiarity with format of API 11014. Section by section Breakdown. At the end we will take a 2 hour pre-practice exam and review answers.
Course cost is $1,925. Price includes text books valued at $400 and lunch each class. Payment can be made in the form of cash, credit or check at the Arc + Flame Center. The next class begins September 11th, 2013 and classes will run 5 consecutive Wednesdays from 8:00am 4:00pm at the ROCHESTER ARC + FLAME CENTER.