Weekend Warrior Workshops for Veterans
WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT?
The Arc + Flame Center has partnered with the Rochester Veterans Outreach Center to provide 8-hour introductory workshops this Summer. These workshops are specifically taught by Arc + Flame’s faculty who are military veterans. Going through the transition into civilian life can be difficult, but we’re here to help. Whether you’re looking at a new career or just need to blow off some steam, let us be your outlet. Our entire staff is dedicated to training opportunities for the men and women who have served our country.
Registration is first come, first served and there is no cost for veterans to attend! To sign up, contact Robin Gore at email@example.com or call 585-295-7804.
There are two upcoming Summer 2019 dates to attend this introductory MIG Workshop. Curriculum will be the same in each class.
- Dates: July 27th or August 10th
- Time: 8:00am-4:00pm
- Cost: All costs covered by Arc + Flame Center. These workshops are free for veterans.
No prior experience is needed, but more experienced students are still welcome to attend. All equipment, materials, and safety gear are included in these workshops!
Topics Covered Include:
- - Welder Safety
- - The MIG Welding Process
- - Setting up the MIG System and equipment
- - Setting the controls for the metal to be welded
- - Welding steel plates in different positions
- - Plasma cutting demonstration
- - Demonstrations of TIG and Stick welding (time permitting)