Stick Welding for Piping & Structural Tube
Learn Pipe Welding this Winter/Spring 2017!
This course is designed to provide the skills necessary to gain professional level qualifications without missing work. The course is held at the Rochester Arc + Flame Center in partnership with the Monroe Community College Workforce Development. You will learn:
Basics of welding piping using 6010 and 7018 electrodes.
Welding full penetration groove welds in the 2G, 5G and 6G positions.
Prepping and fitting techniques
Weld symbols, weld bead reading & adjustment, machine settings and understanding welding procedure specifications (WPS)
The program will require the ability to weld in vertical position with SMAW as a minimum prerequisite. All candidates will meet for a pre-registration interview to review and verify sufficient skills to successfully complete this course.
This 120-hour course runs on select weekends each month on Fridays from 5:00pm-9:00pm and Saturdays from 8:00am-4:00pm. During the final days of the course there will be testing in the API and ASME styles on each of the variations of the course in the 6G (all) position.
- Welding Process: Shielded Metal Arc Welding (Stick)
- Materials: Schedule 40 and Schedule 80 Carbon Steel Pipe in 2" Diameters and 6"
- Styles: API (Petroleum Pipeline and related facilities), mechanical piping, water-steam and gasses
- Dates: Current Program: Feb. 10,11, 24, 25, Mar. 10, 11, 24, 25, Apr. 7, 8, 21, 22, May 5, 6, 12, 13, June 2, 3, 9 10
- Dates: Fall 2017 Program: Sept. 22, 23, Oct. 13, 14, 27, 28, Nov. 10, 11, 17, 18, Dec. 2, 15, 16, 29, 30, Jan. (2018): 5, 6,13, 19, 20
- Time: Fridays from 5:00pm-9:00pm and Saturdays from 8:00am-4:00pm
- Cost: $3,500
Note: filler metals and piping materials for this course are included in the cost. Safety gear, welding hood and standard fitting tools are required and not provided. A complete supply list will be reviewed during the pre-registration meeting.
To check availability or schedule an appointment please call the Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 or email us at email@example.com.