Stick Welding for Piping & Structural Tube
Learn Pipe Welding this Fall 2017!
This course is designed to provide the skills necessary to gain professional level qualifications without missing work. The course is held at the Rochester Arc + Flame Center in partnership with the Monroe Community College Workforce Development. The Fall 2017 course features either Stick Welding OR MIG & TIG Welding. You will learn:
Basics of welding piping using 6010 and 7018 electrodes (For Stick Welding)
Welding full penetration groove welds in the 2G, 5G and 6G positions.
Prepping and fitting techniques
Weld symbols, weld bead reading & adjustment, machine settings and understanding welding procedure specifications (WPS)
The program will require the ability to weld in vertical position with SMAW or GMAW and GTAW as a minimum prerequisite. All candidates will meet for a pre-registration interview to review and verify sufficient skills to successfully complete this course.
This 120-hour course runs on select weekends each month on Fridays from 5:00pm-9:00pm and Saturdays from 8:00am-4:00pm. During the final days of the course there will be testing in the API and ASME styles on each of the variations of the course in the 6G (all) position.
- Welding Process: SMAW or GMAW + GTAW
- Materials: Schedule 40 and Schedule 80 Carbon Steel Pipe in 2" Diameters and 6"
- Styles: API (Petroleum Pipeline and related facilities), mechanical piping, water-steam and gasses
- Dates: Fall 2017 Program: Sept. 22, 23, Oct. 13, 14, 27, 28, Nov. 10, 11, 17, 18, Dec. 2, 15, 16, 29, 30, Jan. (2018): 5, 6,13, 20
- Time: Fridays from 5:00pm-9:00pm and Saturdays from 8:00am-4:00pm
- Cost: $3,500
Note: filler metals and piping materials for this course are included in the cost. Safety gear, welding hood and standard fitting tools are required and not provided. A complete supply list will be reviewed during the pre-registration meeting.
To check availability or schedule an appointment please call the Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 or email us at email@example.com.