Learn Pipe Welding Without Missing Work!
This is a fast paced course designed to provide the skills necessary to gain professional level qualifications. The course is held at the Rochester Arc + Flame Center in partnership with the Monroe Community College Workforce Development. The next program will begin in SUMMER 2015. You will learn:
- Basics of welding piping using MIG, TIG, Stick and Flux Core processes, that includes welding full penetration groove welds in the 2G, 5G and 6G positions on carbon steel and/or stainless.
- Prepping and fitting techniques
- Weld symbols, weld bead reading and adjustment, weld procedure specifications (WPS)
- Machine settings and more
The ability to weld in a vertical position with GMAW, GTAW and Stick is a minimum prerequisite of this course. All candidates will meet with the instructor for a pre-registration interview to review and verify sufficient basic skills to successfully complete the course.
During the final days of the course there will be testing in the API and ASME styles on each of the variations of the course in the 6G (all) position.
- Welding Process: GMAW (MIG), GTAW (TIG), Stick and Flux Core Welding
- Materials: Carbon steel and stainless pipe.
- Dates: TBA
- Cost: $3,400
Note: filler metals and piping materials for this course are included in the cost. Safety gear, welding hood andstandard fitting tools are required and not provided. A complete supply list will be reviewed during the pre-registration meeting.
To check availability or schedule an appointment please call the Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 or email us at email@example.com.