Stick Welding Night Course
Everything needed for class is included in the price
For those seeking a comprehensive course in SMAW (stick) welding, Rochester Arc + Flame now offers a 10-session evening night course. The course is offered on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:00pm-9:00pm, and features a combination of lecture and hands-on lab time. It is designed for beginners, but is also valuable to those who have some experience but want to take their skills to a higher level. Course fee includes personal safety gear, class room materials and all required shop supplies.
- Stick welding safety
- Stick welding equipment
- Applications of various electrodes
- Welding steel flat position with 7014 electrodes
- Welding steel horizontal position with 6013 electrodes
- Welding steel vertical and overhead with 6010 electrodes
- Welding steel with 7018 electrodes
- Applications for MIG and TIG welding, Plasma Cutting (one-night overview)
- Stick welding defects: causes and cures
- Understanding Welding Codes
Upcoming Sessions: (6pm-9pm) (10 sessions)
Currently unavailable, next session coming soon
- 30-hour Course. Class meets twice a week for five weeks total
- Each class is from 6pm-9pm
- Experience required: None
- All materials and safety equipment included
- Vending machines are available
Safety Equipment Included:
- Students will receive jacket, gloves, safety glasses, respirators and ear plugs. Total value of $100
- Students will use studio owned auto darkening helmets during the course
Glove Size and Jacket Size:
- Let us know your standard glove and jacket size. We use this information to pre-load our gear cart in advance of the class. Don't fret if you need to change a size! We'll work this out first day of class.
Other Notes & Advice:
- We recommend bringing a water bottle! Drinking fountains are available to re-fill.
- It never hurts to bring a notebook and pen to make notes during lecture.
- Got other questions? Email our Welding Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE READ: Student Health / Refund Policy / Age / Dress Code
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students.
Please read our class refund policy. If you have any questions, contact our administrative team at 585-349-7110 or email: email@example.com.
Students must be AT LEAST 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (ie: Fusing Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes) OR approval from Department Director.
Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes, shorts, skirts, or highly flammable clothing.