Future Class TBA
Everything needed for class is included in the price
For those seeking a comprehensive course in SMAW (stick) welding, Rochester Arc + Flame now offers a 10-session evening night course. The course is offered on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:00pm-9:00pm, and features a combination of lecture and hands-on lab time. It is designed for beginners, but is also valuable to those who have some experience but want to take their skills to a higher level. Course fee includes personal safety gear, class room materials and all required shop supplies.
- Stick welding safety
- Stick welding equipment
- Applications of various electrodes
- Welding steel flat position with 7014 electrodes
- Welding steel horizontal position with 6013 electrodes
- Welding steel vertical and overhead with 6010 electrodes
- Welding steel with 7018 electrodes
- Applications for MIG and TIG welding, Plasma Cutting (one-night overview)
- Stick welding defects: causes and cures
- Understanding Welding Codes
- 30-hour Course. Class meets twice per week, for 5 weeks total
- Each class is from 6pm-9pm
- Experience required: None
- All materials and safety equipment included.
- Complimentary coffee and vending machines available
Safety Equipment Included:
Students will receive jacket, gloves, beanie, safety glasses and ear plugs. Total value of $100
- Students will use studio owned auto darkening helmets during the course
Upcoming Sessions: (6pm-9pm) (10 sessions)
Student Health / Dress Code / Refund Policy:
NOTE: Students must be AT LEAST 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (ie: Fusing Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes). Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students. Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes or highly flammable clothing. Please read our class refund policy. If you have any questions, contact our administrative team at 585-349-7110 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.