MIG Welding Night Course
Everything needed for class is included in price
GMAW, commonly known as MIG welding, is an extremely versatile process for joining metal. Our 30-hr MIG Welding Night Course provides comprehensive training twice a week from 6:00pm-9:00pm, for a total of 10 sessions (5 weeks total). Classes feature a combination of lecture and hands-on practice. Our facility features individual welding stations for up to 16 students! This class is designed for beginners (zero experience is required) and also those who need a refresher with the MIG welding process. Upon completion, students will be familiar with safety, equipment, equipment set up and proper welding techniques.
Topics Covered Include:
- Safety for Welders
- The GMAW process
- Types of GMAW equipment
- Assembling a GMAW system
- Welding steel in the Flat, Horizontal, Vertical, and Overhead positions
- Proper techniques for welding "tee","lap", "corner", "butt", and "edge" joints
- Welding defects; causes and cures
- Choosing proper filler metal alloy and size for the job
- Techniques for MIG welding thin sheet metal
- Techniques for MIG welding light structural and dissimilar thickness steel
- Aluminum MIG welding equipment and proper welding techniques
- Flux-cored steel filler metals and proper welding techniques
- Plasma cutting equipment and proper cutting techniques (one-night overview)
- GTAW (TIG) Equipment and proper technique (one-night overview)
- Abrasives and metal finishing applications: products and safety
Upcoming Sessions: (10 classes total and each class is from 6pm-9pm)
- Spring 2023 Session: Mar. 20, 22, 27, 29, Apr. 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19 (Mon. & Wed., 6pm-9pm)
- 30-hour Course. Class meets twice a week for five weeks total
- Each class is from 6pm-9pm
- Experience required: None
- All materials and safety equipment included
- Vending machines are available
Safety Equipment Included:
- Students will receive jacket, gloves, safety glasses, respirators and ear plugs. Total value of $100
- Students will use studio owned auto darkening helmets during the course
Glove Size and Jacket Size:
- Let us know your standard glove and jacket size. We use this information to pre-load our gear cart in advance of the class. Don't fret if you need to change a size! We'll work this out first day of class.
Other Notes & Advice:
- We recommend bringing a water bottle! Drinking fountains are available to re-fill.
- It never hurts to bring a notebook and pen to make notes during lecture.
- Got other questions? Email our Welding Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE READ: Student Health / Refund Policy / Age / Dress Code
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students.
Please read our class refund policy. If you have any questions, contact our administrative team at 585-349-7110 or email: email@example.com.
Students must be AT LEAST 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (ie: Fusing Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes) OR approval from Department Director.
Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes, shorts, skirts, or highly flammable clothing.