MIG & TIG 2-Day Welding Workshop
Everything needed for class is included in price
Why take this combo class? You'll save $20, get 16-hours of class in 2 weeks and learn MIG & TIG welding back-to-back. Our standardized safety training will be taught once on the first day, thus allowing for additional torch time the following week!
Our Weekend Workshops are an excellent way for beginners to learn welding. We designed these "crash courses" to give students the knowledge and confidence needed to start working with this fun metal joining process. Our knowledgeable, motivated, and inspirational instructors use a proven combination of lecture and hands-on training in our modern facility. All equipment is well-maintained, state-of-the art, and easy to operate. No need to be intimidated if you have never welded before - members of our staff have experience training thousands of beginning welding students of all ages, genders and walks of life.
Topics Covered Include:
- Welder Safety
- Survey of other common welding processes
- The MIG and TIG Welding Process
- MIG and TIG Equipment: Component descriptions
- Setting up the MIG and TIG System
- Setting the controls for the metal to be welded
- Demonstrations of plasma cutting
- Winter 2020 Session TBD
- 8-hour class on Saturday AND Sunday (16 hours total)
- Class runs from 8am-4pm
- Experience required: None
- All materials and safety equipment included
- Breakfast snacks and lunch included! If you have dietary restrictions, please let us know!
- Vending machines available
Safety Equipment Included:
- Students will receive gloves, safety glasses and ear plugs. Total value of $50
- Students will use studio owned welding jackets and auto darkening helmet during the class
Glove Size and Jacket Size:
- Let us know your standard glove and jacket size. We use this information to pre-load our gear cart in advance of the class. Don't fret if you need to change a size! We'll work this out first day of class.
Other Notes & Advice:
- We recommend bringing a water bottle! Drinking fountains are available to re-fill.
- It never hurts to bring a notebook and pen to make notes during lecture.
- Got other questions? Email our Welding Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE READ: Student Health / Refund Policy / Age / Dress Code
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students.
Students must be AT LEAST 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (ie: Fusing Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes) OR approval from Department Director.
Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes, shorts, skirts, or highly flammable clothing.