Metalsmithed Jewelry Sampler
Samplers are designed to tease you with a quick introduction to jewelry making. These classes are held at various times throughout the week and are three to four hours long. No prior experience or training is needed to attend. While the curriculum is designed for the novice, anyone interested in refining their jewelry making techniques could benefit from these classes. Samplers do not need to be taken in a specific order.
Sampler Schedule: (Each class will focus on the topic listed. Click the "Details" tab for a list of project descriptions)
- Next Session TBD
- 3 hour class period
- Enrollment: 2 to 8 students
- All materials and equipment use included in course cost
- Sterling Silver materials subject to additional fee during class (optional)
- Experience required: None
- Vending machines available
- Cuff Bracelet: Bend and shape metal into a wearable cuff bracelet. Use hammers and stamps to texture the copper. This is a good hands-on exercise in basic metal forming. (Open to all levels)
- Earrings: Cut, stamp, and shape pieces of metal to make a set of earrings. Bend your own silver ear hooks to wear them. We will go over basic metalsmithing techniques that can be done anywhere with a few tools. (Open to all levels)
- Hammered Rings: Come and be introduced to some fundamentals of jewelry making. Students will bend, hammer, and solder copper or silver to create a unique ring. (Open to all levels)
- Pierced Pendant: Cut shapes in metal to make a pendant. We'll go over the use of a jeweler's saw and use fine blades to cut shapes. We'll also use rivets to complete the project with a free moving bail. (Open to all levels)
(Above are examples of various topics offered, however each class focuses on only one. Each available class date will specify the corresponding project.)
NOTE: Metalsmithed Jewelry Classes are interactive and involve physical activity with emphasis on hand eye coordination. Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes or highly flammable clothing. If you any have concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all of our students!
PLEASE READ: Student Health / Refund Policy / Age / Dress Code
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students.
Students must be AT LEAST 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (ie: Fusing Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes) OR approval from Department Director.
Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes, shorts, skirts, or highly flammable clothing.