High School Welding Summer Camp
Everything needed for class is included in price
Open to HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS at least 16 years of age! Public, private, or home school students are welcome. No experience is needed.
Get training outside of your normal class curriculum to help finish high-school AND/OR help prepare for the workforce or secondary training!
Camp will be held for 4 weeks on each Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday starting July 19th and ending August 11th (That equates to 12 sessions, or 48 hours). Students will attend either the MORNING Session from 8am-12N or the AFTERNOON Session from 1pm-5pm.
If your student has their own safety gear, they may use it, or we will provide gear for use during the class at no charge. All other materials, equipment use, and instruction are included in the course price of $250.
Classes will be taught and supervised by a team of our qualified faculty, insuring proper instruction and a safe experience.
Topics Covered Include:
- Welder Safety & Fundamentals
- SMAW (Stick welding) first week
- GMAW (MIG welding) second week
- GTAW (TIG welding) third week
- Fourth week will be flexible for students to choose a focus
Camp Options (AM or PM time formats):
- AM Camp (8am-12N): July 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28, Aug. 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11
- PM Camp (1pm-5pm): July 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28, Aug. 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11
- This class is for HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS at least 16 years of age. Do not take this class if you aren't in high school. Public, private, or home school is fine.
- Class cost is $250
- Starts July 19th and ends August 11th
- Camp will be held for 4 weeks on each Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. (That equates to 12 sessions, or 48 hours).
- Students will attend either the MORNING Session from 8am-12N or the AFTERNOON Session from 1pm-5pm.
Safety Equipment Included:
- If you have your own gear, bring it!
- Those without gear will use studio owned welding jackets and auto darkening helmet during the class. No charge!
Glove Size and Jacket Size:
- Let us know your standard glove and jacket size (Yes, even if you have your own gear). We use this information to pre-load our gear cart in advance of the class. Don't fret if you need to change a size! We'll work this out first day of class.
Other Notes & Advice:
- Bring a water bottle. It's HOT in the Summer. Drinking fountains are available to re-fill.
- It never hurts to bring a notebook and pen to make notes during lecture.
- Got other questions? Email our Welding Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE READ: Student Health / Refund Policy / Age / Dress Code
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students.
Students must be AT LEAST 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (ie: Fusing Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes) OR approval from Department Director.
Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes, shorts, skirts, or highly flammable clothing.