Arc + Flame Enameling Samplers are an excellent way to get a taste of working with enamels. Our experienced instructors will use a combination of lecture, demonstration and hands-on instruction to enhance your learning experience. These classes are designed as teasers to let you experience what it's like to fuse glass to metal. Focus will be on the fundamentals of utilizing powdered enamels with a torch.
Arc + Flame will provide copper sheet for use during class. If students wish to bring their own metals, such as silver, please let the instructor know prior to the start of the class.
Sampler Schedule: (Each class will focus on the topic listed. Click the "Details" tab for a list of project descriptions)
- Next Session TBD
- 3 hour class period: 6pm-9pm
- Enrollment: 3 to 8 students
- Experience required: None
- All materials and safety equipment included
- Vending machines available
- Enamel Jewelry: Enameling is the art of applying a glass coating to a metal surface. Learn the basics of preparing the metal surfaces, applying the glass powder and firing. We will explore the technique of enameling. Students will create a pendant, bracelet or earrings with these techniques. This is part of a series of samplers that will continue through the year exploring the various enameling techniques. The samplers do not need to be taken in order.
(Above are examples of various topics offered, however each class focuses on only one. Each available class date will specify the corresponding project.)
NOTE: Enameling Classes are interactive and involve physical activity with emphasis on hand eye coordination. Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes or highly flammable clothing. If you any have concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all of our students!
PLEASE READ: Student Health / Refund Policy / Age / Dress Code
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students.
Students must be AT LEAST 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (ie: Fusing Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes) OR approval from Department Director.
Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes, shorts, skirts, or highly flammable clothing.