Blacksmithing 4-Day Workshop
NOTE: Students under the age of 16 MUST contact Arc + Flame Blacksmithing Director (Candace Martens) for an evaluation prior to enrolling in a smithing class. Candace can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-617-9644. Interested Students MUST COMPLETE this underage student APPLICATION prior to meeting with Blacksmithing Director.
If you have a question about the facility or registering for a class, please call Arc + Flame directly at 585-349-7110.
Arc + Flame Blacksmithing Workshops are an excellent way to learn and explore blacksmithing. Our experienced instructors will use a combination of lecture, demonstration and hands-on instruction at the forge to enhance your learning experience.
- Currently unavailable, next session coming soon
- (4) 5-hour class periods: 12:00pm-5:00pm
- Enrollment: 2 to 6 students
- All materials and safety equipment included
- Vending machines available
- Introduction to Blacksmithing: This course will cover the fundamentals of blacksmithing. Topics will include proper operation of coal and gas forges; learning about different hammer blows and how to use them efficiently; tapering and material isolation; scrolling and bending; and many other topics. This class is not a project based class, so while you may leave with your samples you may not end up with a completed project. The focus of this class is on building forging skills. (Open to all levels)
(Above are examples of various topics offered, however each class focuses on only one. Each available class date will specify the corresponding project.)
NOTE: Blacksmithing Classes are very interactive and involve significant physical activity. Please make sure to wear boots, sneakers, or other shoes that cover your entire foot, jeans or other pants that cover your entire leg, and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes, yoga/sweatpants, leggings or highly flammable clothing. If you any have concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all of our students!
PLEASE READ: Student Health / Refund Policy / Age / Dress Code
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students.
Please read our class refund policy. If you have any questions, contact our administrative team at 585-349-7110 or email: email@example.com.
Students must be AT LEAST 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (ie: Fusing Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes) OR approval from Department Director.
Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes, shorts, skirts, or highly flammable clothing.