Stick Welding Workshop
Everything needed for class is included in price
Our Weekend Workshops are an excellent way for beginners to learn welding. Our workshops run from 8:00am to 4:00pm and include a breakfast snacks and lunch. Arc + Flame's experienced instructors will use a combination of classroom and hands-on lab instruction to enhance your understanding of safety, equipment setup, and welding technique on steel. All safety equipment and welding materials are included in the course price. Great for beginners and experienced welders!
- Safety for Welders
- The SMAW (stick welding) process
- SMAW Equipment and Setup
- Choosing the right electrode for the job
- Electrodes for special alloys (aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron)
- Proper Welding Techniques for SMAW on steel
- TIG Welding/Plasma Cutting Demo (time permitting)
- Saturday, April 15th (8am-4pm)
- 8-hour class on Saturday or Sunday
- Class runs from 8am-4pm
- Experience required: None
- All materials and safety equipment included
- Breakfast snacks and lunch included! If you have dietary restrictions, please let us know!
- Vending machines available
Safety Equipment Included:
- Students will receive gloves, safety glasses and ear plugs. Total value of $50
- Students will use studio owned welding jackets and auto darkening helmet during the class
Glove Size and Jacket Size:
- Let us know your standard glove and jacket size. We use this information to pre-load our gear cart in advance of the class. Don't fret if you need to change a size! We'll work this out first day of class.
Other Notes & Advice:
- We recommend bringing a water bottle! Drinking fountains are available to re-fill.
- It never hurts to bring a notebook and pen to make notes during lecture.
- Got other questions? Email our Welding Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE READ: Student Health / Refund Policy / Age / Dress Code
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students.
Students must be AT LEAST 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (ie: Fusing Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes) OR approval from Department Director.
Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes, shorts, skirts, or highly flammable clothing.