Everything needed for class is included in the price
For those people looking for a comprehensive course in SMAW (stick) welding, Rochester Arc + Flame offers an 8 evening night course. The course is offered on Monday nights, 6:00pm-9:00pm, and features a combination of lecture and hands-on lab time. It is designed for beginners, but is also valuable to those who have some experience but want to take their skills to a higher level. Course fee includes personal safety gear, class room materials and all required shop supplies.
- Stick welding safety
- Stick welding equipment
- Applications of various electrodes
- Welding steel flat position with 7014 electrodes
- Welding steel horizontal position with 6013 electrodes
- Welding steel vertical and overhead with 6010 electrodes
- Welding steel with 7018 electrodes
- Applications for MIG and TIG welding, Plasma Cutting (one-night overview)
- Stick welding defects: causes and cures
- Understanding Welding Codes
- 24-hour Course. Class meets once a week for eight weeks total.
- Each class is from 6pm-9pm
- Experience required: None
- All materials and safety equipment included.
- Complimentary coffee and vending machines available
Safety Equipment Included:
Students will receive jacket, gloves, beanie, safety glasses and ear plugs. Total value of $100
- Students will use studio owned auto darkening helmets during the course
Upcoming Sessions: (6pm-9pm) (8 sessions)
- Fall Session: Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28, Nov. 4, 11, 18 (6pm-9pm, Mondays)
Student Health / Dress Code / Refund Policy:
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students. Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes or highly flammable clothing. Please read our class refund policy. If you have any questions, contact our administrative team at 585-349-7110 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.