Stick Welding Night Course
Everything needed for class is included in the price
For those seeking a comprehensive course in SMAW (stick) welding, Rochester Arc + Flame now offers a 10-session evening night course. The course is offered on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:00pm-9:00pm, and features a combination of lecture and hands-on lab time. It is designed for beginners, but is also valuable to those who have some experience but want to take their skills to a higher level. Course fee includes personal safety gear, class room materials and all required shop supplies.
- Stick welding safety
- Stick welding equipment
- Applications of various electrodes
- Welding steel flat position with 7014 electrodes
- Welding steel horizontal position with 6013 electrodes
- Welding steel vertical and overhead with 6010 electrodes
- Welding steel with 7018 electrodes
- Applications for MIG and TIG welding, Plasma Cutting (one-night overview)
- Stick welding defects: causes and cures
- Understanding Welding Codes
Upcoming Sessions: (6pm-9pm) (10 sessions)
Currently unavailable, next session coming soon
- 30-hour Course. Class meets twice a week for five weeks total
- Each class is from 6pm-9pm
- Experience required: None
- All materials and safety equipment included
- Vending machines are available
Safety Equipment Included:
- Students will receive jacket, gloves, safety glasses, respirators and ear plugs. Total value of $100
- Students will use studio owned auto darkening helmets during the course
Glove Size and Jacket Size:
- Let us know your standard glove and jacket size. We use this information to pre-load our gear cart in advance of the class. Don't fret if you need to change a size! We'll work this out first day of class.
Other Notes & Advice:
- We recommend bringing a water bottle! Drinking fountains are available to re-fill.
- It never hurts to bring a notebook and pen to make notes during lecture.
- Got other questions? Email our Welding Director at email@example.com
PLEASE READ: Student Health / Refund Policy / Age / Dress Code
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students.
Students must be AT LEAST 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (ie: Fusing Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes) OR approval from Department Director.
Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes, shorts, skirts, or highly flammable clothing.