Metalsmithed Jewelry Workshop
Metalsmithing Workshops are an excellent way to learn and explore metalsmithing. Our experienced instructors will use a combination of lecture, demonstration and hands-on instruction to enhance your learning experience. No prior experience or training is needed to attend. While the curriculum is designed for the novice, anyone interested in refining their jewelry making techniques could benefit from these classes. Workshops do not need to be taken in a specific order, and student projects will vary each class. If students have a specific project in mind they should email the instructor for pre-approval.
Workshop Schedule: (Each class will focus on the topic listed. Click the "Details" tab for a list of project descriptions)
- Next Session TBD
- 8 hour class period
- Enrollment: 3 to 8 students
- Experience required: None
- Breakfast snacks and lunch included
- All materials and safety equipment included
- Sterling Silver materials subject to additional fee during class (optional)
- Vending machines available
- Intro to Bezel Settings: Make your own jewelry incorporating a stone to add color and style. Each person will use their hands to build a setting, as well as move the metal to secure the stone in place. The class project will be a pendant, but students are open to make their own designs. (Open to all levels. Experience with prior jewelry classes or hand tools will be beneficial, but not required)
- Stacked Rings: Come and be introduced to some fundamentals of jewelry making. Students will bend, hammer, and solder copper or silver to create a series of unique stacking rings. (Open to all levels. Experience with prior jewelry classes or hand tools will be beneficial, but not required)
(Above are examples of various topics offered, however each class focuses on only one. Each available class date will specify the corresponding project.)
NOTE: Metalsmithed Jewelry Classes are interactive and involve physical activity with emphasis on hand eye coordination. Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes or highly flammable clothing. If you any have concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all of our students!
PLEASE READ: Student Health / Refund Policy / Age / Dress Code
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students.
Students must be AT LEAST 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (ie: Fusing Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes) OR approval from Department Director.
Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes, shorts, skirts, or highly flammable clothing.