Metalsmithed Jewelry 2-Night Workshop
Arc + Flame Jewelry Night Classes are an excellent way to learn and explore metalsmithing. Our experienced instructors will use a combination of lecture, demonstration and hands-on instruction to enhance your learning experience.
These jewelry classes are skill building endeavors that focus on the fundamental techniques used in working non-ferrous metals. Students will practice these skills and be able to take their samples home with them.
No prior experience is needed unless noted. Students with prior experience or who have already taken a class can email project ideas to the instructor for pre-approval. Each Class will cover different topics so be sure to check the class listing prior to checking out.
Night Course Schedule: (Each class will focus on the topic listed. Click the "Details" tab for a list of project descriptions)
- Currently unavailable, next session coming soon
- Enrollment: 3 to 8 students
- All materials and equipment use are included in the course cost
- Sterling Silver materials subject to additional fee during class (optional)
- Experience required: None
- Vending machines available
- Basic Silver Ring: Come and be introduced to some fundamentals of jewelry making. Students will bend, hammer, and solder silver to create a unique ring. (Open to all levels)
- Jewelry Crash Course: The jewelry crash course is designed to teach students basic hand skills to make their own jewelry with metal sheet and wire. Topics covered will include: soldering, cutting with saw, filing/sanding, hammer texturing and stamping. Students can make one or more of the following as an exercise: pendant, ring, pin, bracelet, or keychain. (Open to all levels)
- Intro to Bezel Settings: Make your own jewelry incorporating a stone to add color and style. Each person will use their hands to build a setting, as well as move the metal to secure the stone in place. The class project will be a pendant, but students are open to make their own designs. (Open to all levels. Experience with prior jewelry classes or hand tools will be beneficial, but not required)
(Above are examples of various topics offered, however each class focuses on only one. Each available class date will specify the corresponding project.)
NOTE: Metalsmithed Jewelry Classes are interactive and involve physical activity with emphasis on hand eye coordination. Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes or highly flammable clothing. If you any have concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all of our students!
PLEASE READ: Student Health / Refund Policy / Age / Dress Code
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students.
Students must be AT LEAST 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (ie: Fusing Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes) OR approval from Department Director.
Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes, shorts, skirts, or highly flammable clothing.