Coppersmithing: Couple's Date Night
NOTE: Students under the age of 16 MUST contact Arc + Flame Blacksmithing Director (Candace Martens) for an evaluation prior to enrolling in a smithing class. Candace can be reached at email@example.com or 585-617-9644. Interested Students MUST COMPLETE this underage student APPLICATION prior to meeting with Blacksmithing Director.
If you have a question about the facility or registering for a class, please call Arc + Flame directly at 585-349-7110.
Looking for a way to heat up your relationship or just do something outrageously cool? Tired of the same old dinner, bar or movie? Bring your loved one or buddy out to Arc + Flame for a fun evening in our metalsmithing shop. We provide everything: entertaining instructors, light snacks, beverages and all the materials necessary to make a beautiful finished project with your partner. Projects vary by date so be sure to check the listing. The cost covers one couple (2 people) for the price of $180.
Couple's Date Night Sessions: (Price covers both people for any one of the following sessions)(Each class will focus on the topic listed. Click the "Details" tab for a list of project descriptions)
- Next Session TBD
- 4-hour class period: 7:00pm-11:00pm (*Unless otherwise noted)
- Enrollment: 4 to 10 students (2-5 couples)
- Experience required: None
- All materials and safety equipment included
- Light appetizers, soft drinks, and water included
- Vending machines available
- Copper Rose (Wine Stopper): Create an elegant copper rose topped wine bottle stopper or stem! Each participant will make their own rose from copper sheet. These are then assembled onto food grade bottle stoppers or stems. Every rose is unique and beautiful so come make a pair with your friend, spouse, S.O., FWB, or fellow wino! (Open to all levels)
- Small Vase: In this session you and your partner will each make a hammered finish copper vase with chased accents. Chasing is an uber technical term for drawing lines on metal and "chasing" them with various tools that leave impressions in the metal without removing any material. (Open to all levels)
- Picture Frame: Create an elegant copper picture frame! Each participant will make their own frame from copper sheet. These are then formed to accept a glass and board sandwich to protect your images. Every frame is unique and beautiful. Come make a pair with your friend, spouse, S.O., FWB, or favorite family member! (Open to all levels)
- Candle Screen: Working with copper, you and your partner will make decorative tea/votive candle holders. The screen in front of the candle creates romantic ambiance at night and serves as a beautiful decorative piece during the daylight. (Open to all levels)
(Above are examples of various topics offered, however each class focuses on only one. Each available class date will specify the corresponding project.)
PLEASE READ: Student Health / Refund Policy / Age / Dress Code
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students.
Students must be AT LEAST 16-years of age to attend class unless otherwise noted (ie: Fusing Tike, Teen and Creative Kids Classes) OR approval from Department Director.
Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes, shorts, skirts, or highly flammable clothing.